Garage doors are more than just doors: they work to protect your home and vehicles from weather and theft, but they also either enhance or detract from your home’s curb appeal. It’s important to choose the right garage doors for your needs, and with so many styles and materials available to satisfy any budget, you won’t have to sacrifice quality.
Probably the most exciting part of choosing a new garage door is deciding what style you like best. With so many styles to choose from, it can be hard to narrow down your options, but here are a few tips on honing in on the door style that will work for your garage:
- Match the garage door style to your home’s style. Modern doors look best on modern homes and traditional doors pop on a traditional style home, for instance.
- Does a rolling door work best for your space or do you have room for swinging doors?
- You can match the color of the garage doors to your home’s exterior to make them less noticeable or use a complementary color to show them off.
Garage doors are made with a variety of materials. Each type of material has advantages and disadvantages, so your main criteria when choosing a material should be the level of protection you need and your budget. If you live in an area prone to hurricanes, investing in stronger doors with hurricane reinforcement is a smart choice in protecting your home and vehicles from wind and water damage. Geographical locations with more even weather patterns require less sturdy material.
Garage doors are made from:
- Aluminum: strong and sturdy but lightweight and easy to install
- Steel: durable and long-lasting
- Fiberglass: usually coupled with aluminum
- Vinyl: durable, low-maintenance, and impact-resistant
- Wood: classic, beautiful, strong (but will eventually rot)
Your budget for garage doors is a top priority, but even lower-priced garage doors in vinyl or aluminum come in a variety of beautiful styles and are very durable. Whether you want practicality or you want to make a visual statement, you can find doors that fit your budget.
Garage doors that are installed correctly with long-lasting and durable parts can last for years. When you want quality doors, installation, or garage door service and repairs, look no further than DGDoors. Visit our Homepage to learn how we can serve your garage door needs.